“I mean, I don’t *really* have to file for a business license till I start making a profit, right?”
^^ I see people asking this advice online from NON-attorneys all the time.
The answers they get?
A mish-mash of various (typically illegal) advice from well-meaning-but-clueless family and friends with no legal or accounting experience with online businesses.
I know YOU would never go poking in the wrong place for legal advice though, which is why you’re here…
So what is an LLC and how does it work?
How does an LLC legally protect you, friend? Why’s an LLC any different than:
- Not registering your business at all; OR
- Being a sole proprietor or having a sole proprietorship; OR
- Amassing 30,000 Instagram followers and failing to sell a single t-shirt to your audience.
(?OK, I’m not covering that last one. But I AM talking about the difference between LLCs and sole proprietorships!)
This is a GREAT question and I’m answering it in my latest YouTube episode you can watch right here??:
- Do I really need an LLC?
- Can’t I just get by with a sole proprietorship? What about… the wait and see approach? *wink, wink*
- And even if you get an LLC, what does it really do for you? Like how does this thing work exactly?
Watch my latest YouTube episode called “What is an LLC and how does it work?” to learn if LLCs are even right for you, what LLCs do to legally protect you and more!
When you watch my new episode, be sure to:
- Like the episode if you find it helpful.
- Hit “SUBSCRIBE” on my YouTube channel; and
- Leave a comment letting me know what your biggest takeaway was.
PS. Grab some popcorn and settle in because my latest YouTube episode teaches you what an LLC is, how it works to legally protect you and what the difference is between an LLC and sole prop. Enjoy!