Protect your business with this DIY Mini Disclaimer template [for health/wellness/fitness/nutrition coaches], so people know exactly what you do and, more importantly, what you don’t. You can use this DIY Mini Disclaimer on your coaching materials, marketing materials, handouts, presentations, eBooks, freebies & so much more!
WHAT IS A MINI DISCLAIMER FOR?
Basically, a mini-disclaimer (different than the mac daddy website Disclaimer that goes on your website) consists of several paragraphs of important legal language (including a medical disclaimer – but that’s not all!) to go on your handouts, presentations, blog posts, freebies, obt-ins, side bar of your site, & so much more that lets people know who you are, what you do, and what you don’t do. A mini-disclaimer sets the stage to protect you, your handouts, and your business practices online.
DO I NEED IT?
A mini-disclaimer is important if you…
- Write about things like health, food, fitness, self-care/mental health, medicine, nutrition, holistic health, & more
- Sell products, ebooks, handouts, worksheets, courses, etc.
- Send or hand out health/nutrition info via handouts, worksheets, presentations, etc.
- Give presentations, or host webinars/talks
- Want people to use their own judgment before buying your products/services or using one of your affiliate links
- Want to look professional & set clear expectations
…because it’s your chance to give people the opportunity to decide if they want to read your stuff, follow your advice, & try your stuff. If they do, it’s on them!
- DIY Mini-Disclaimer Template — One (1) downloadable, editable .docx file containing a detailed mini-disclaimer with fill-in-the-blanks to make it your own.
- How-To Video Tutorial — a video tutorial (that actually shows you the document while I talk!) where I walk you through what each paragraph means (in English, not legal language) & where you’ll need to make changes. You’ll be comfortable and confident to make the Mini Disclaimer your own.
- Guidelines & Tips Guide — to let you know what to do with this document & how to make it your own.
- BONUS: you’ll receive my 10-step B.Y.O.B. (build your own business) checklist to make sure you’re on the right track.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO ONCE I DOWNLOAD?
- Read the Guidelines & Tips Guide first.
- Next, fill-in-the-blanks! Follow along with my video How-To Video Tutorial, which shows you where you need to put in your info + translates the document so you can make it your own & get the most out of the template.
- Upload it to your site! I’ll even tell you where to display it & what it could be labeled as.
- Create content + services you love because you’re feeling confident with some DIY legal protection <3
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Health Coaches
- Yoga Instructors
- Fitness Coaches / Trainers
- Nutrition Coaches
- Wellness Coaches
If you have any questions, please feel free to email Sam at email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: This document is a downloadable, customizable general template for you to make your own & to fit your business. Purchase of this or any other document from this Site does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Sam Vander Wielen. The documents, or anything on this Site, should not be construed as legal advice. You should have all documents you use or prepare reviewed by a local attorney to ensure they comply with State and local laws where you live and work. Sam Vander Wielen is licensed to practice law in New Jersey. Use of this Site, and purchase of any documents, are subject to these Terms & Conditions.