Start your relationship off right with your independent contractor or freelancer with this DIY Independent Contractor Agreement template. Your contract will be ready to use in less than 15 minutes by easily following along with my video How-To Tutorial & filling-in-the-blanks in this DIY Independent Contractor Agreement template.
WHAT IS AN INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT?
Basically, a DIY Independent Contractor Agreement is a contract you send to the person (freelancer, independent contractor, etc.) you’re hiring or working with to do a job for you in your business. They’re NOT your employee — this is a person you only want to hire as an independent contractor. Essentially this means they work at their own pace, on their own hours, and at a location of their choosing. This DIY Independent Contractor Agreement template addresses issues like:
- How much they’re paid + how
- What counts as “work“
- When you can terminate your independent contractor
- How they’re to manage your passwords, login info
- What they need to do to protect your business’s confidential info
- How they are independent contractors, not employees or representatives, of your company – SO important for legal reasons!
- & so, so much more!
DO I NEED IT?
Yes! An Independent Contractor Agreement makes it super clear…
- What your contractor gets paid, why & when
- What counts as “work” they get paid for
- That you can end your relationship at pretty much any time!
- & so much more!
- DIY Independent Contractor Agreement template — One (1) downloadable, editable .docx file containing a detailed contract template with fill-in-the-blanks to make your own.
- How-To Video Tutorial — a video tutorial (a screen share video of me walking you through the actual contract itself) where I walk you through what each paragraph means (in English, not legal language) & where you’ll need to make changes. You’ll be comfortable and confident to make the contract your own.
- Guidelines & Tips Guide — to let you know what to do with this document & how to make it your own.
- BONUS: you’ll receive my 10-step B.Y.O.B. (build your own biz) checklist to make sure you’re on the right track.
- BONUS #2: You’ll get access to my private Facebook Community (“Legally Legit Tribe”) for clients only <3
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO ONCE I DOWNLOAD?
- Read the Guidelines & Tips Guide first.
- Next, fill-in-the-blanks! Follow along with my video How-To Tutorial, which shows you where you need to put in your info.
- Read through the entire document and make any necessary changes based on how you run and operate your business + website.
- Use it right away! You can send your contract to your independent contractor within 15 minutes from purchase!
WHO’S THIS FOR?
- Any business owner who’s hiring an independent contractor to do some work or a specific job (task) in her business.
- An independent contractor who’s going to be (or has been) hired by a business owner to perform some business services.
- For example: a virtual assistant, content creator, a person who’s going to create images and social media posts for you, etc.
IMPORTANT: This document is a downloadable, customizable general template for you to make your own & to fit your business. Purchase of this or any other document from this Site does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Sam Vander Wielen. The documents, or anything on this Site, should not be construed as legal advice. You should have all documents you use or prepare reviewed by a local attorney to ensure they comply with State and local laws where you live and work. Sam Vander Wielen is licensed to practice law in New Jersey. Use of this Site, and purchase of any documents, are subject to these Terms & Conditions.
QUESTIONS? Email Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org.