This fill-in-the-blank, instant-download contract template is for coaches, designers, mentors or online entrepreneurs who offer group programs on wellness, business, health, business-to-business, design, business services, fitness, self-care, or food topics.
Clearly set out payment terms + protect yourself and your business with this easy to use DIY Group Program Contract template for group programs.
Just follow along with my video How-To Tutorial & fill-in-the-blanks.
WHAT IS A GROUP PROGRAM CONTRACT?
Basically, a group program contract is the contract you use if you’re running a group program (usually 2+ people participating in a program for a defined period of time) and that you send to a client who wants to sign up for the group program, along with their invoice.
A Group Program contract addresses issues like:
- What your refund policy is
- When all payments are due and how much
- Disclaiming liability so you can’t successfully be sued for just anything
- Keeping your costs low by requiring alternative dispute resolution (aka. arbitration)
- Making it clear that you’ve told the client who you are + what you do
DO I NEED A GROUP PROGRAM CONTRACT?
I’d say “yes!” There’s inherent risk in offering group programs. We want to be especially careful when offering programs in things like wellness, business, self-care, food, exercise, etc. Your client needs to understand + agree to several things before purchasing your program, or you could be in serious trouble down the line.
Some of the most common issues that come up in group programs are:
- Clients not understanding what the refund policy is
- Installment payments being treated like optional, monthly payments
- Theft or inappropriate sharing of program material
- DIY Group Program Contract Template — One (1) downloadable, editable .docx file containing a detailed Group Program Contract template with fill-in-the-blanks to make it your own.
- How-To Video Tutorial — a video tutorial (that actually shows you the document while I talk!) where I walk you through what each paragraph means (in English, not legal language) & where you’ll need to make changes. You’ll be comfortable and confident to make the Group Program Contract your own.
- Guidelines & Tips Guide — a PDF guide that teaches you what to do with this document & how to make it your own.
- BONUS: you’ll receive my 10-step B.Y.O.B. (build your own biz) checklist to make sure you’re on the right track.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO ONCE I DOWNLOAD?
- Read the Guidelines & Tips Guide first.
- Next, edit the doc! Follow along in my video How-To Tutorial which shows you where you need to put in your info.
- Add your personal info and make any necessary changes based on how you run and operate your business + website.
- Use the contract with your group program! You can start sending this document to your new clients in less than 1 hour from download.
WHO’S THIS FOR?
- Business-to-Business service providers
- ….with a group program! Works for both in-person and online group programs.
- If you’re still not sure, email me and I’ll help you pick the document that’s right for you & your business!
IMPORTANT: This document is a downloadable, customizable general template for you to make your own & to fit your business. Purchase of this or any other document from this Site does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Sam Vander Wielen. The documents, or anything on this Site, should not be construed as legal advice. You should have all documents you use or prepare reviewed by a local attorney to ensure they comply with State and local laws where you live and work. Sam Vander Wielen is licensed to practice law in New Jersey. Use of this Site, and purchase of any documents, are subject to these Terms & Conditions.
QUESTIONS? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.