If own a business and have a website, then you definitely want to have a:
- Disclaimer – so people know exactly who you are, what you do, and what you don’t.
- Terms & Conditions – to lay out the rules of not just your website, but your checkout process and business, too.
Here’s a bit more about each template…
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN YOUR BUNDLE:
A disclaimer lets your visitors know who you are, what you do, and what you don’t do. You’ll address liability issues, what people should/shouldn’t do with the info they find on your site, and so much more. A disclaimer sets the stage to protect you, your website, and your business practices online.
Terms & Conditions are the rules of your website, services, & products. It lets users know the lay of the land. What’s your return policy? What kind of payments do you accept? Do you have rules that people need to follow on your site? What about your intellectual property rights? It’s also your time to set out your disclaimers, limit your liability, and let people know they need to use their head before trying things you recommend. That kind of stuff. And so, so much more.
DO YOU NEED THEM?
- Collect email addresses and/or names for your email list
- Have a contact page on your site
- Send out emails to your list
- Run surveys, contests, giveaways or anything else that collects ANY personal info from people (name, email address, address, phone number, etc.)
You might not be legally required to have Terms & Conditions and a Disclaimer, but you should. It’s your chance to limit your liability (aka. protect yo’ self) and make disclaimers. It’s also your chance to let people know what they can & can’t do with your stuff and your site. If you sell products or services on your site, you’ll definitely want your customers to check off a Terms & Conditions page before buying! Super important stuff, people.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE BUNDLE?
- DIY Website Disclaimer Template — One (1) downloadable, editable .docx file containing a detailed website disclaimer template with fill-in-the-blanks to make your own.
- DIY Terms & Conditions Template — One (1) downloadable, editable .docx file containing a detailed terms & conditions template with fill-in-the-blanks to make your own.
- 5 How-To Video Tutorials — 5 video tutorials (that actually show you the document while I talk!) where I walk you through what each paragraph means (in English, not legal language) & where you’ll need to make changes. You’ll be comfortable and confident to make each of these templates your own.
- Guidelines & Tips Guide — to let you know what to do with this document & how to make it your own.
- BONUS: you’ll receive my 10-step B.Y.O.B. (build your own biz) checklist to make sure you’re on the right track.
- BONUS #2: Access to my private Facebook Community (Legally Legit Tribe) for clients only <3
- BONUS #3: My video training on GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)!
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO ONCE I DOWNLOAD?
- Read the Guidelines & Tips Guide first.
- Next, fill-in-the-blanks! Follow along in my video How-To Tutorial which shows you where you need to put in your info.
- Add your personal info and make any necessary changes based on how you run and operate your business + website.
- Upload each document to your site! I’ll even tell you where to display it & what it should be labeled as.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Any business with a website that collects personal information (email, name, phone number, address, etc.)
- Health coaches
- Online Creatives
- eCommerce Site Owners
- Entrepreneurs & more!
QUESTIONS? Email Sam at email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: This document is a downloadable, customizable general template for you to make your own & to fit your business. Purchase of this or any other document from this Site does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Sam Vander Wielen. The documents, or anything on this Site, should not be construed as legal advice. You should have all documents you use or prepare reviewed by a local attorney to ensure they comply with State and local laws where you live and work. Sam Vander Wielen is licensed to practice law in New Jersey. Use of this Site, and purchase of any documents, are subject to these Terms & Conditions.