Protect your website + your business with this instant-download, fill-in-the-blanks DIY Website Disclaimer template, so people know exactly what you do and, more importantly, what you don’t.
WHAT IS A WEBSITE DISCLAIMER?
Basically, a website disclaimer goes on your website (usually as its own page in your footer) to let your visitors know who you are, what you do, and what you don’t do. You’ll address liability issues, what people should/shouldn’t do with the info they find on your site, and so much more. A website disclaimer sets the stage to protect you, your website, and your business practices online.
DO I NEED IT?
A website disclaimer is important if you…
- Write about things like health, food, fitness, self-care/mental health, medicine, money, business, holistic health, & more
- Sell products or services on your site
- Are a coach & want to be clear about the fact that people need to check with their physician/accountant/lawyer before using your advice
- Want people to use their own judgment before buying your products/services or using one of your affiliate links
- Want to look professional & set clear expectations
- DIY Website Disclaimer Template — One (1) downloadable, editable .docx file containing a detailed disclaimer with fill-in-the-blanks to make your own.
- How-To Video Tutorial — a video tutorial (that actually shows you the document while I talk!) where I walk you through what each paragraph means (in English, not legal language) & where you’ll need to make changes. You’ll be comfortable and confident to make the Disclaimer your own.
- Guidelines & Tips Guide — to let you know what to do with this document & how to make it your own.
- BONUS: you’ll receive my 10-step B.Y.O.B. (build your own business) checklist to make sure you’re on the right track.
- BONUS #2: Access to my private Facebook Community (Legally Legit Tribe) for clients only <3
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO ONCE I DOWNLOAD?
- Read the Guidelines & Tips Guide first.
- Next, fill-in-the-blanks! Follow along in my video How-To Tutorial which shows you where you need to put in your info.
- Add your personal info and make any necessary changes based on how you run and operate your business + website.
- Upload it to your site! I’ll even tell you where to display it & what it could be labeled as.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Any business with a website that sells services or products
- Health coaches
- Online Creatives
- eCommerce Site Owners
- Entrepreneurs & more!
If you have any questions, please feel free to email Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: This document is a downloadable, customizable general template for you to make your own & to fit your business. Purchase of this or any other document from this Site does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Sam Vander Wielen. The documents, or anything on this Site, should not be construed as legal advice. You should have all documents you use or prepare reviewed by a local attorney to ensure they comply with State and local laws where you live and work. Sam Vander Wielen is licensed to practice law in New Jersey. Use of this Site, and purchase of any documents, are subject to these Terms & Conditions.