Get paid & protect your business with this DIY Client Agreement template. You can have your own agreement in less than 15 minutes by easily following along with my video How-To Tutorial & filling-in-the-blanks. You can send it to 1-on-1 clients in no time! This template is for you if you offer services (coaching, fitness, etc.) to people 1-on-1. If you offer an online program or course, you’ll want to check out my DIY Course Agreement template [coming soon]!
WHAT IS A CLIENT AGREEMENT?
Basically, a client agreement is a contract you send to your 1-on-1 clients before you start working together. It sets out the terms of your agreement in writing so you’re able to try to enforce it, if/when needed. Clients are more likely to take the terms of your agreement seriously if they know they’ve signed an agreement with you.
DO I NEED IT?
Do you want to get paid? Then yes! If you work with clients 1-on-1 & want to have clear expectations + rules, you should definitely put the terms of your agreement in writing. A client agreement makes sure that you can…
- Get paid by setting out payment terms
- Enforce your refund policy, since it’s clearly spelled out in the agreement
- Protect yourself & your company with disclaimers & limitations on liability
- & so much more!
- DIY Client Agreement Template — One (1) downloadable, editable .docx file containing a detailed client agreement template with fill-in-the-blanks to make your own.
- How-To Video Tutorial — a video tutorial (that actually shows you the document while I talk!) where I walk you through what each paragraph means (in English, not legal language) & where you’ll need to make changes. You’ll be comfortable and confident to make the Client Agreement your own.
- Guidelines & Tips Guide — to let you know what to do with this document & how to make it your own.
- BONUS: you’ll receive my 10-step B.Y.O.B. (build your own biz) checklist to make sure you’re on the right track.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO ONCE I DOWNLOAD?
- Read the Guidelines & Tips Guide first.
- Next, edit the doc! Follow along with my video How-To Tutorial, which shows you where you need to put in your info.
- Add your personal info and make any necessary changes based on how you run and operate your business + website.
- Use it with your clients! You can start sending this document to your new clients in less than 1 hour from download.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Any entrepreneur who works 1-on-1 with clients
- Coaches (i.e., health, life, fitness, wellness, career, business, food, etc.)
- Online Creatives
- Entrepreneurs & more!
You can read more about why you need a client agreement in this post.
IMPORTANT: This document is a downloadable, customizable general template for you to make your own & to fit your business. Purchase of this or any other document from this Site does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Sam Vander Wielen. The documents, or anything on this Site, should not be construed as legal advice. You should have all documents you use or prepare reviewed by a local attorney to ensure they comply with State and local laws where you live and work. Sam Vander Wielen is licensed to practice law in New Jersey. Use of this Site, and purchase of any documents, are subject to these Terms & Conditions.
QUESTIONS? Email Sam at email@example.com.